Saturday, January 19, 2013

Reading Selections

For my three reading selections for this semester, I have chosen Ghost World by Daniel Clowes, Lives of Sacco & Vanzetti by Rick Geary and Watchmen by Alan Moore. I haven't had a chance to look through the Geary and Moore books, but I'm somewhat familiar with Moore's style and am really looking forward to that one coming in. I chose Lives of Sacco & Vanzetti because I am both very fascinated with the subject itself as well as the successful usage of a graphic novel in order to convey a historical event or difficult to read piece of literature in a new way. I've been able to flip through Ghost World a bit and I'm really attracted to the simplistic art/color scheme.I had a chance to read Mister Wonderful by Clowes and really appreciated his focus on the embarrassing internal nature of a human's thoughts, so I hope that Ghost World allows for that introspective style as well.  These three selections appear to be quite different from each other, and I look forward to getting a better base for my own final project. I think that  fantasy/action work contrasted with a historical and humanistic work would make for an excellent variety in broadening my graphic novel knowledge sphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment